Want to get involved?
There are numerous ways to support a scholar on his or her journey!
Get the latest news!
We would not be able to do our work without the support of volunteers, as you are partners and co-deliverers of our services. We need our communities to share our vision and take action to empower our scholars.
Be a role model for our scholars.
Join the BHGH family.
At Network Headquarters, our volunteer openings are listed below:
Community volunteer opportunities are available and vary based on location, but include work such as:
• Tutoring scholars who may be struggling in a particular subject
• Mentoring scholars in a long-term, supportive relationship
• Cooking a meal as a volunteer houseparent
• Putting your handyman skills and know-how to use to maintain our physical facilities
• Getting our scholars to school and extracurricular activities on time
Your time and talents are invaluable to us. Get involved!
Refer a young person in need
Do you know a child or youth who has great potential and needs an opportunity? Nominate him or her to join our program and become a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family network. Use this information as a guide.
• Grit, ambition, and motivation coupled with positive goals and a cooperative work ethic
• Capacity to thrive in an academically rigorous setting and complete challenging coursework
• Willingness to adapt to our family-like environment and embrace high expectations for pro-social behavior
• Demonstrated readiness on the part of the guardian to collaborate with program personnel and accompany their child on the journey to academic achievement and personal growth20
• Significant need for services, evidenced by community and family risk factors, and lack of access to quality education
Are you passionate about giving hope? Join our team!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a culturally competent and empowering environment, and the opportunity to have a deep and lasting impact.