To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
Deadline: Until Filled
Location: Kansas City
Director of Development
Development Planning and Execution
Donor and Volunteer Stewardship
Contribution Recording and Reporting
Grant Seeking, Writing and Reporting
Special Events and Appeals
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in executive-level, non-profit leadership and resource development
- Extensive, successful history of major gift solicitation
- BA required, MA preferred, in Administration, Management, or related field, or related fundraising certificates
- Strong knowledge of the local philanthropic community and proven capacity for development planning, grant writing, research design and administration, capital campaign planning, and fundraising event management
- Superb oral, written, analytical, research, and persuasive communication skills.
- Possess ability to set, manage, and meet personal and organizational timelines and deadlines.
- Have a high level of computer literacy, advanced-level experience with donor database systems, and an ability to self-direct his/her own mastery of such.
- Prior experience or demonstrated knowledge of residential or youth programs, or similar social service programs
- Successful prior organizational development and board relations experience
- Prior work within an organization with a diverse community of stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a faith-inspired, values-based environment
- Extensive use of phone and computer to communicate and conference with various stakeholders, the public, the local team, and network leadership. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required.
- Applicants within the area preferred, but others living outside of the state are encouraged to apply. No relocation assistance available.