To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Travel: Occasional, less than 25%
ABOUT BOYS HOPE GIRLS HOPE OF NEW YORK
Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York serves youth from 9th grade through college graduation from all over the New York City Metro Area, mainly within the five boroughs. Young people are selected because they have inspiring grit, motivation, capacity, and promise, and need access to the education and skills that will give them a chance to thrive in life and make a difference in their communities. Our programs are guided by a long-term commitment to and a deep investment in our scholars.
The position requires a passion for our mission, proven ability to raise funds for a program, communicate effectively, work with diverse groups of people, manage team members and volunteers, and coordinate multiple responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in development, and engagement regarding board relations, familiarity with youth programs, knowledge of the local charitable community, and a track record of effective management and program organization.
This is an executive position requiring supervision of the New York affiliate team, excellent written and verbal communication, and occasional travel in the US.
- Responsible for the proper stewardship of agency resources including development and oversight of the operational budget and maintenance of all agency resources
- Formulates annual budget with Treasurer for approval by the Board of Directors, approves expenditures, and monitors expenses and income to maintain operations within all budget categories
- Implements Board and Boys Hope Girls Hope policies for the affiliate, as well as practices for internal fiscal control and adherence to all accounting, record keeping, budget, audit, investment and reporting procedures and requirements
- Responsible for effectively working with the Board of Directors and Development Committee to:
- Develop and implement an income plan for necessary operational, capital, and endowment funds,
- Motivate volunteers to participate in all fundraising efforts,
- Utilize those volunteers for various campaigns and,
- Ensure effective communications between the Executive Director’s office and the volunteers
- With the Board of Directors and Development Committee, initiate, lead, organize, support and evaluate all capital, operational, and endowment fund-raising efforts including special events and all solicitations
- Responsible for affiliates compliance with regulations and standards for Federal 501(c)3 and state tax-exempt status and with state fundraising regulations
- Provide the Board with all materials and information necessary to carry out their governance, planning, and fundraising responsibilities, especially with regard to practice and policy including the Boys Hope Girls Hope Policy Manual, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and Affiliation Agreement
- Facilitate regular and effective Board and Board Committee meetings by ensuring that meeting agenda, materials for discussion, and meeting location are set and communicated in timely fashion, and that accurate minutes are kept and distributed
- Ensure active committees meet regularly and work toward defined goals
- Maintain a strong relationship with Boys Hope Girls Hope Network Headquarters and adhere to network-wide requirements, standards, and best practices
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating a consistent public image in print, digital and email communications and in social media channels
- Creates and implements marketing plans that generate enthusiasm for targeting donors, referral sources, and the general public (this includes newsletters, brochures, website, news releases, and informational mailings)
- Responsible for representing the program in person or by selecting appropriate volunteer or employee representative
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of all office and administrative functions
- Ensures that all team members (employees, volunteers and/or consultants) are properly screened, oriented, and supervised
- Ensures that the affiliate participates fully in the Boys Hope Girls Hope Performance Management Tool and process, including the tracking, monitoring, analysis, and planning for continuous quality improvement
- Maintains a productive relationship with Network Headquarters by participating actively in the life of the Network through affiliate calls, committee work, and leadership gatherings, as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Stature, leadership, and fundraising skills to work effectively with the Board of Trustees, BHGH Network leadership, team, network of donors, and scholars.
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction, leadership, and daily management.
- Track record of successful solicitation and closure of major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Visionary, strategic, and collaborative fundraising leadership with a track record of creating and implementing effective fundraising initiatives, resulting in significant annual, capital, and endowment revenue growth and improved operations.
- Evidence of driving fundraising efforts through cultivating key donor/foundation relationships and overseeing grant writing
- Collaborative, flexible leadership and teambuilding style.
- Experience in successfully cultivating a strong cohesive team enviornment while ensuring a high level of performance
- Passion and integrity necessary to inspire and steward partnerships with Trustees, philanthropists, team members, and the scholars.
- Strong personal work ethic, collaborative, and results oriented.
- Commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and excellence, seasoned with a sense of humor and perspective.