In 2021,—during a time of great uncertainty—Boys Hope Girls Hope took a courageous step to look beyond and adopt a plan that will provide opportunity to more young people. Our Network Headquarters leadership team worked with Bellwether Education Partners, a national nonprofit focused on dramatically changing education and life outcomes for underserved children, to develop a strategy that will prepare our Network to serve many more young people in the future. Our goal is to serve three times more young people over the next ten years. Will you join us in this mission?!
Boys Hope Girls Hope addresses the achievement and workforce development gaps by acting as a bridge to opportunity. Founded in 1977 in St. Louis, Missouri, Boys Hope Girls Hope has helped scholars succeed in school and in life for more than 40 years. We partner with families that face significant social and environmental barriers which impede a child’s ability to realize his or her potential.
Boys Hope Girls Hope creates a strong community around the young people we serve. That’s why it is vital that our Network have dynamic team members with the knowledge, skills, and character to advance the mission and role model what success looks like for our scholars.
To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
Deadline: Open until filled
Status: Regular Full-Time
Location: Remote or Network Headquarters, St. Louis, MO
Travel: Approximately 10%
The Communications & Media Associate develops content (graphic design, photography, & video), does research, and manages social media, traditional media, blog, and email marketing to consistently articulate Boys Hope Girls Hope’s mission, key messaging, and program. In addition, this position works collaboratively with the marketing and development teams to ensure consistency across channels, including websites, online profiles, and other special projects.
This passionate and creative individual will support network-wide marketing, communications, and media initiatives, including both the advancement of Boys Hope Girls Hope’s marketing and communications, as well the development of resources and support for Boys Hope Girls Hope affiliates in the U.S. and Latin America.
Essential duties to be performed include:
Execute strategies, timelines, and tasks that advance brand policies, guidelines and goals for Boys Hope Girls Hope and the Network:
- Assist in the creation and execution of marketing and communications strategy and annual calendar
- Report on media pitches, placements, and engagement; website and social media analytics; SEO; and press release distribution
Create content for social media, blog, email campaigns, media pitches, intranet, and online platforms that accurately reflects and promotes the Boys Hope Girls Hope brand
- Identify scholars, collegians, alumni, team members, donors, partners, and stakeholder stories for inclusion in communications; schedule and conduct interviews; and write stories for publication.
- Shoot and edit video footage to create impactful video content for communications and events
- Disseminate key campaign themes and targeted messages via digital platforms to support donor and stakeholder engagement, cultivation activities, and events
- Document activities and events in written and photographic form for social media, blog, email
- Work with affiliates to capture and collect photography that supports brand goals and standards
Attract, secure, respond to, and coordinate media engagements
Spearhead, manage, and design established weekly internal communications
- Review and edit team content submissions
- Build and populate weekly emails within Microsoft SharePoint online
- Create supporting news pages and links, as necessary
Provide affiliate communications support:
- Assist in developing content for training affiliate teams on communications best practices
- Leverage and magnify affiliate programs, events, successes, and social media efforts
- Maintain online organization profiles (i.e. Wikipedia, Google Business, etc.) regularly
- Monitor and respond to comments on social media and other websites or digital media platforms, in collaboration with leadership, as appropriate
- Assist in the maintenance of communications resource files, which include print ads, collateral, photos, data, media contracts, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Benefits & Applying
Visit our careers page to learn more about our benefits and application process.
Or, click the APPLY button below, select the position you are applying for from the career search dropdown, and click Submit Resume button. Be prepared to include a cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Marketing and Communications Objectives
This full-time position is an essential member of the team responsible for supporting the following marketing and communications objectives of the organization:
- Promote and advance established brand policies, guidelines, and goals for Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Expand communications, engagement, and dialogue with all audiences to increase visibility and awareness of the Boys Hope Girls Hope brand, mission, values, DNA, culture, program, and outcomes
- Foster relationship and collaboration between Boy Hope Girls Hope and affiliate stakeholders, building on One Team One Mission paradigm
- Develop key messages and campaigns that support the relationship between Boys Hope Girls Hope, scholars, collegians, alumni, and scholar families
- Build transformational relationships with Boys Hope Girls Hope investors, volunteers, and community partners
- Ensure employee candidates see Boys Hope Girls Hope as a great place to work, the culture is clear, and team members are aware of training programs to help them meet expectations and standards of excellence
- Develop Boys Hope Girls Hope as a key influencer and thought leader in youth development
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in marketing, communications, digital media, or related area of study
- Demonstrated experience or portfolio in communications or in a directly related position
- Capable of effective use of phone and computer technology and regular phone and/or virtual communication with external and internal stakeholders throughout the U.S. and in Latin America.
Competencies and Preferred Experience
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Interpersonal skills and a positive attitude a must
- Experience with content creation for social media channels and email marketing in a professional capacity
- Able to use Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud applications and Canva
- Experience with video creation/editing and photography
- Enjoys working in fast-paced environment and contributing to varied interconnected projects
- Ability to identify and generate creative themes, stories, and ideas
- Facility to collaborate widely with various constituencies throughout the organization
- Drive to find innovative and resourceful solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity and experience with digital communications tools
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for any position applied for without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, age, disability, military service, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is constantly growing with team members, including paid employees and long-term volunteers, working together to serve an ever-increasing population of young people across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico. With your enthusiasm to join us, our potential for an even wider reach is limited to nothing!