Boys Hope Girls Hope of Pittsburgh selects young people in need with grit, determination and motivation. We work with them from their critical adolescent years all the way through college and into the launch of their careers. Our live-in residential program model helps surround them with a nurturing, high-expectations environment where they receive the resources, skills and encouragement to achieve their goals and dreams.
To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
Boys Hope Girls Hope addresses the achievement and workforce development gaps by acting as a bridge to opportunity. Founded in 1977 in St. Louis, Missouri, Boys Hope Girls Hope has helped scholars succeed in school and in life for more than 40 years. We partner with families that face significant social and environmental barriers which impede a child’s ability to realize his or her potential. With locations spread across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico, Boys Hope Girls Hope casts a wide net in order to make as large of an impact on closing these gaps as possible.
Boys Hope Girls Hope creates a strong community around the young people we serve. That’s why it is vital that our Network have dynamic team members with the knowledge, skills, and character to advance the mission and role model what success looks like for our scholars.
Deadline: February 1, 2023
Status: Regular Full-Time
The Pittsburgh affiliate is seeking an Executive Director to lead its team of dedicated professionals and secure programming goals of scholars and families. The full job description can be found on the Boys Hope Girls Hope Career page by clicking “Apply” below.
- Responsible for the proper stewardship of agency resources including development and oversight of the operational budget and maintenance of all agency resources
- Formulates annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors; approves expenditures, and monitors expenses and income to maintain operations within all budget categories
- Implements Board and Boys Hope Girls Hope policies for the affiliate, as well as practices for internal fiscal control and adherence to all accounting, record keeping, budget, audit, investment and reporting procedures and requirements
- Responsible for effectively working with the Board of Directors and Development Committee to:
- Develop and implement an income plan for necessary operational, capital, and endowment funds,
- Motivate volunteers to participate in all fundraising efforts,
- Utilize those volunteers for various campaigns and,
- Ensure effective communications between the Executive Director’s office and the volunteers
- With the Board of Directors and Development Committee, initiate, lead, organize, support, and evaluate all capital, operational, and endowment fund-raising efforts including special events and all solicitations
- Responsible for affiliates compliance with regulations and standards for Federal 501(c)3 and state tax-exempt status and with state fundraising regulations
- Provide the Board with all materials and information necessary to carry out their governance, planning, and fundraising responsibilities, including the Boys Hope Girls Hope Policy Manual, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and Affiliation Agreement
- Facilitate regular and effective Board and Board Committee meetings by ensuring that meeting agenda, materials for discussion, and meeting location are set and communicated in timely fashion, and that accurate minutes are kept and distributed
- Ensure active committees meet regularly and work toward defined goals
- Maintain a strong relationship with Boys Hope Girls Hope Network Headquarters and adhere to network-wide requirements, standards, and best practices
Required competencies for success include a combination of resilience, flexibility, the recruitment, engagement, and development of team members, community cultivation of partnerships, board engagement, building effective relationships, and creating a culture and vision that motivates others.
- A bachelor’s degree (required) or a master’s degree (preferred).
- Relevant experience, leadership skills, and fundraising expertise to work effectively with the Board of Trustees, BHGH Network leadership, team, network of donors, and scholars.
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction, leadership, and daily management.
- Track record of successful solicitation and closure of major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Visionary, strategic, and collaborative fundraising leadership with a track record of creating and implementing effective fundraising initiatives, resulting in significant annual, capital, and endowment revenue growth and improved operations.
- Evidence of driving fundraising efforts through cultivating key donor/foundation relationships and overseeing grant writing
- Collaborative, flexible leadership and teambuilding style.
- Experience in successfully cultivating a strong cohesive team environment while ensuring a high level of performance
- Passion and integrity necessary to inspire and steward partnerships with Trustees, philanthropists, team members, and scholars.
- Strong personal work ethic, collaborative, and results oriented.
Benefits & Applying
Visit our careers page to learn more about our benefits and application process.
Or, click the APPLY button below, select the position you are applying for from the career search dropdown, and click Submit Resume button. Be prepared to include a cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. We can’t wait to hear from you!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is constantly growing with team members, including paid employees and long-term volunteers, working together to serve an ever-increasing population of young people across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico. With your enthusiasm to join us, our potential for an even wider reach is limited to nothing!