Boys Hope Girls Hope creates a strong community around the young people we serve. That’s why it is vital that our Network have dynamic team members with the knowledge, skills, and character to advance the mission and role model what success looks like for our scholars.
To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
This is a hybrid role, with the flexibility to work both in an office setting and remotely based on schedule. Applicants within the
St. Louis, MO, area are encouraged to apply!
Deadline: May 31, 2023
Status: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Network Headquarters, St. Louis, MO
Travel: None Required
- Responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer in the organization of finance and accounting files and reports for affiliate entities
- Enter data as needed into QuickBooks
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as needed
- Collect, organize, and review monthly accounting packets to close according to the appropriate checklist and schedule for each affiliate
- With the CFO, will maintain depreciation schedules and all fixed assets
- Assist affiliate accounting personnel as needed
- Reconcile Asset and Liability accounts
- Assist with the daily operations as needed
- Compile information for completion of all annual Form 990
Benefits & Applying
Or, click the APPLY button below, select the position you are applying for from the career search dropdown, and click Submit Resume button. Be prepared to include a cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Three to five years of progressive accounting management experience, including budget and financial statement preparation, monitoring, and analysis; month and year-end closing; audit preparation; cash and investment management; accounts payable and receivable; and payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting.
- Familiarity with GAAP and FASB pronouncements.
- Knowledge of Not-for-profit accounting standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Software proficiency in the following:
Microsoft Excel, Word, and QuickBooks Online Edition.
- Ability to manage several projects and activities simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational aptitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS!
St. Louis is the home of the Cardinals, major parks, urban flair and lots of attractions for all ages. Click here for more information about what makes this city a great place to work: Discover the Top 25 Things to Do Near St Louis Today (explorestlouis.com)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is constantly growing with team members, including paid employees and long-term volunteers, working together to serve an ever-increasing population of young people across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico. With your enthusiasm to join us, our potential for an even wider reach is limited to nothing!