Network Headquarters is in the Fair Mercantile building on Shaw Avenue in St. Louis and features an open floor plan promoting increased team collaboration. The home of the Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is lovingly referred to as “Hope on the Hill.” It has the contemporary appeal of modern-day offices, designed to reflect co-working spaces. The 4,300 square foot office has several small to medium collaboration and training rooms, open-concept individual work areas, flexible work and huddle nooks, a gallery wall, and a kitchen and break area. The office is located centrally in the city of St. Louis to foster more community engagement.
Boys Hope Girls Hope addresses the achievement and workforce development gaps by acting as a bridge to opportunity. Founded in 1977 in St. Louis, Missouri, Boys Hope Girls Hope has helped scholars succeed in school and in life for more than 40 years. We partner with families that face significant social and environmental barriers which impede a child’s ability to realize his or her potential.
Boys Hope Girls Hope creates a strong community around the young people we serve. That’s why it is vital that our Network have dynamic team members with the knowledge, skills, and character to advance the mission and role model what success looks like for our scholars.
To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
Deadline: Open until filled
Status: Regular Full-Time
Location: Network Headquarters, St. Louis, MO
Travel: Approximately 10%
Reporting to the Manager of Technology Services, the Technology Services Support Specialist will be responsible for providing high-quality, timely, and accurate support to our user base.
Normal responsibilities to support users will include provisioning new accounts, changes to existing accounts, deletion of accounts for separated team members, responding to user questions, troubleshooting problems, referring issues to appropriate support, and assisting with regular system maintenance activities. Assist on occasion with VOIP phone system and provide desktop support for users based in the Network Headquarters office, and participate in IT strategic planning regularly.
- Manage user access and permissions, including provisioning new users, maintaining correct access for current team members, and removing access for terminated users.
- Identify bugs and potential changes to improve system functioning. Refer issues as needed to the Manager of Technology Services.
End User Support – Service Desk and Training
- Promptly respond to help tickets from users in United States and Latin America. Troubleshoot and determine when to escalate to internal super users or external support.
- Document all interactions with users in the organization’s ticketing platform.
- Support data research, retrieval, and hygiene projects as needed.
- Participate in project work as needed to support strategic technology initiatives.
- Identify trends in service desk requests to help inform the overall technology project roadmap.
Benefits & Applying
Visit our careers page to learn more about our benefits and application process.
Or, click the APPLY button below, select the position you are applying for from the career search dropdown, and click Submit Resume button. Be prepared to include a cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Strong customer service skills, including patience, good listening skills and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, and learn new systems.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (Salesforce preferred), Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, FormAssembly, Amazon S3.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines and effectively prioritize competing requests, while keeping lines of communication open.
- Ability to conduct business in a professional manner, and exercise mature, independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Great attention to detail.
- At least 2 years prior experience in an IT service desk or tech support role.
- Experience with Salesforce and Office 365 preferred.
- Relevant certification or degree, preferably with a combination of education and demonstrated experience in a nonprofit organization, is a plus.
- Bilingual individuals encouraged to apply.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS!
St. Louis is the home of the Cardinals, major parks, urban flair and lots of attractions for all ages. Click here for more information about what makes this city a great place to work: Discover the Top 25 Things to Do Near St Louis Today (explorestlouis.com)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for any position applied for without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, age, disability, military service, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is constantly growing with team members, including paid employees and long-term volunteers, working together to serve an ever-increasing population of young people across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico. With your enthusiasm to join us, our potential for an even wider reach is limited to nothing!