Boys Hope Girls Hope addresses the achievement and workforce development gaps by acting as a bridge to opportunity. Founded in 1977 in St. Louis, Missouri, Boys Hope Girls Hope has helped scholars succeed in school and in life for more than 40 years. We partner with families that face significant social and environmental barriers which impede a child’s ability to realize his or her potential.
Boys Hope Girls Hope creates a strong community around the young people we serve. That’s why it is vital that our Network have dynamic team members with the knowledge, skills, and character to advance the mission and role model what success looks like for our scholars.
To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
Deadline: Open until filled
Status: Temporary Part-Time; 10 hr/wk
Type: 6-Month Term
Location: Remote in US
Travel: Approximately 5%, if at all
Boys Hope Girls Hope’s Network Headquarters seeks an engaged and passionate alum to join the Network team as the Alumni Support Fellow. The fellow will be critical in maintaining and enhancing the connection between Boys Hope Girls Hope and its alum network. This position organizes and executes programs, events, and communications to engage and support alums in various ways.
This role reports to the Directory of Post-Secondary Success and Strategic Partnerships, James Williams. As a member of the Mission Effectiveness Team, additional responsibilities may include helping to develop and maintain alum relationships, keeping alums up-to-date records, and collaborating with other departments within Network Headquarters, including human capital management and advancements, to ensure a coordinated approach to alum engagement.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to help facilitate the Legacy Leadership Mentoring Program. The duties may include:
- Matching Mentors and Mentees: Pairing alum mentors with mentees based on their interests, experiences, and goals.
- Programming: Assisting in arranging virtual workshops, seminars, or networking events to facilitate connections between alum mentors and mentees.
- Providing Resources: Offering resources, materials, or training sessions to assist mentors in their role and help mentees maximize their learning and growth.
- Monitoring Progress: Tracking and assessing the progress of mentor relationships, ensuring mentors and mentees benefit from the program.
- Supporting Success: Assisting the program’s ongoing success by working with the Director of Post-Secondary Success to address any issues, provide guidance, and ensure a positive experience for both parties.
- Evaluation and Improvement: Collecting participant feedback to improve the mentoring program and its impact continuously.
Visit our careers page to learn more about our application process.
Or, click the APPLY button below, click the orange ‘Find your next job..’ bar, select the position you are applying for from the career search dropdown, and click Submit Resume button at the bottom. Be prepared to include a cover letter for consideration. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Alum of Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in college or university
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to learn database management and CRM software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Relationship building and networking
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Phone etiquette and call management skills
- Attention to detail and data management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant software tools
- Social media and online communication skills
This position can be fully remote anywhere in the United States. The team member must be accessible via email or Teams during working hours. There may be minimal work-related travel.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for any position applied for without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, age, disability, military service, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is constantly growing with team members, including paid employees and long-term volunteers, working together to serve an ever-increasing population of young people across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico. With your enthusiasm to join us, our potential for an even wider reach is limited to nothing!