To nurture and guide motivated young people in need
to become well-educated, career-ready men and women for others.
About Boys Hope Girls Hope
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona is located in Central Phoenix. There, they provide an Academy-only pathway to select academically qualified young people in need who possess grit, determination, and motivation. They work with them from their critical adolescent years all the way through college and into the launch of their careers. Through the Academy pathway, they surround scholars with a nurturing, high-expectations environment where they receive the resources, skills, and encouragement to achieve their goals and dreams.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Status: Regular Full-Time
Type: Senior Level/Executive
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Travel: Approximately 15%
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona affiliate, located in Central Phoenix, is seeking an Executive Director. Under direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide overall leadership for the organization and has primary responsibility for the quality of the organization, with particular emphasis on board relations, administration, and fundraising. The Executive Director also ensures that the programming is delivered in fidelity to the Boys Hope Girls Hope program model and in compliance with established child safeguarding standards and, as applicable, state licensing regulations through supervision of the program director.
The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining and always upholding the mission, policies, and affiliation requirements of Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona and acting in accordance with the highest ethical and professional standards.
1) Resource Management
- Exhibit proven ability in major gift fundraising, capital campaigns, and special event coordination
- Ensures that income and in-kind contribution goals are met or exceeded, revenues increase, funding sources are expanded and diversified, and the foundation is laid out for meeting future revenue needs
- Have a strong knowledge of the local philanthropic community
- Be able to effectively work with groups of people
- Be an effective communicator (both oral and written) with strong organizational skills
- Able to coordinate multiple responsibilities
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed to facilitate program activities
- Able to meet programmatic goals
- Shows affluent computer proficiency with the ability to use word processing, e-mail, and internet applications
- Ability to work within a faith-inspired, values-based environment
- Ability to cultivate healthy and lasting relationships with scholars, staff, volunteers, stakeholders, donors, and community members
- Encourages enthusiastic and engaged board members and a Board supported to fully carry out its leadership, governance, planning, and fundraising responsibilities
- Accomplishes strategic planning and implementation
- Is able to retain a motivated and accountable team of staff and volunteers with the capacity to meet strategic goals in place
- Maintains and establishes a positive culture to promote team collaboration, development, and retention
- Effectively collaborates with the Program Director (or equivalent position) to lead the program team to deliver programming in fidelity to the established program model and standards of Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Meets and sustains the program capacity
- Effectively promotes and tracks scholar development and well-being outcomes
- Ensures program capacity is met and maintained and infrastructure is in place for the growth of the program
- Builds and cultivates positive relationships with parents/guardians, educational institutions, and licensing authorities
3) Public Relations
- A master’s degree in a related field and two (2) years experience in leadership, management, or supervision of children or youth development personnel and programs (preferred), or a bachelor’s degree and four (4) years experience in leadership, management, or supervision in a related organization
- Five (5) years experience with increasing responsibilities in leadership, fundraising, board development, nonprofit management, and event coordination
- Prior experience or demonstrated knowledge of college access or youth programs
- Experience managing, motivating, developing, and effectively leading staff and volunteers
- Applicants from the Greater Phoenix, Arizona Metropolitan area preferred
Benefits & Applying
Visit our careers page to learn more about our benefits and application process.
Or, click the APPLY button below, select the position you are applying for from the career search dropdown, and click Submit Resume button. Be prepared to include a cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. We can’t wait to hear from you!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Network is constantly growing with team members, including paid employees and long-term volunteers, working together to serve an ever-increasing population of young people across the United States, Guatemala, and Mexico. With your enthusiasm to join us, our potential for an even wider reach is limited to nothing!